Baby hatch – how we do it
Our mission is to provide options and comfort in the form of loving, non-judgemental support that costs nothing.
OrphanCare is here to help confused, scared girls, young women and couples who are having a baby they are not prepared for. We provide information and practical support to help these people make the best choices given the circumstances.
Our services for birth mothers or fathers include:
- Telephone support help line
- One-on-one counselling
- Comprehensive (including physical, social, educational, medical and legal) assessment
- Arrange off-site residential accommodation if required
- Parent training for birth mother (as required)
- Adoption processing (as required)
- Pre-and post-adoption support for birth mother
- Referral services (Including day care, rehabilitation and psychological services and housing assistance)
Professional support is vital when a biological mother makes the difficult decision to create an adoption plan for her child. Assisting the adoption triad – birth mother, adoptive parents and adoptee – with quality services is our goal.
Birthmothers get the utmost attention, we are mindful they are only in our care for a short time before returning to their pre-crisis lives. The birthmother is assisted through her vulnerable period by professionally trained, caring and supportive personnel who maintain her dignity and uphold her rights. She is supported as she makes critical decisions, heals from her experience and plans for her future.
Each birth mother receives free practical assistance, counselling, emotional support, transition planning, career guidance and access to legal information regardless of whether she chooses an adoption plan or decides to parent her child.
What every Birth Mother wants adoptive parents to know
- I did not place my child for adoption because he was ’unwanted’. I wanted my child so much that I continued the pregnancy despite the many unanswered questions
- I chose adoption because I love my child. My love allowed me to put his or her needs before my own when making my choice
- This choice affected more than just me. My child has a grandmother, grandfather, aunts and uncles who love her as well. She will be missed
- I wish for the day I can look into my child’s eyes and tell him I love him one more time
- I hope you will teach my child about her origin, where she was born and who I am
- I hope you will teach my child respect and start by showing respect for me in your discussions
- I wish I could be there to answer my child’s questions about adoption but I trust you to answer them truthfully as best you can
- I will never stop thinking about my child. She is always a part of who I am
- I would never try to disrupt my child’s new life with you. I put too much emotion and suffering into making this choice and won’t allow anything to disrupt it, including myself
- In my eyes you will always be my child’s mother and father. That thought brings me happiness