Climbing out of old paradigms
Advocacy and awareness raising are major activities at OrphanCare.
We firmly believe every child has the right to grow up and be nurtured in a loving family to achieve his or her fullest potential.
We are committed to
- Influencing and leading change in the child care sector
- Ending the institutionalisation of children in Malaysia and moving towards a family and community based child care system
- Advocating that children should rejoin their families
- Developing a new paradigm with regards the problem of baby abandonment and helping young women and couples facing a parenthood crisis
OrphanCare works closely with the Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development, the Department of Social Welfare (JKM) and international DI consultants Lumos Foundation to implement DI in Malaysia.
- We use knowledge gained through our activities of services to advocate policies and practices that assist children, young people and their families.
- We raise and highlight issues with parties who need to know and be involved
- We collaborate with government and non-governmental organisations (NGO), businesses and civil society to find optimal solutions to help children, young people and families.
OrphanCare is working to change current beliefs, attitudes and government policies by advocating and raising awareness about baby abandonment and the deinstitutionalisation of children.